Database Export Connector
Update your database instantly with document index information through ODBCThe most straightforward way of image enabling a business process is by adding a reference to a scanned document to an existing database. This could be a Microsoft SQL patient database, MySQL employee database, Sybase manufactured goods database or for a small business or department, it could be a customer or supplier MS-Access database. As long as you can connect to the database through an ODBC data source, it is possible to directly update your database with this CaptureBite. To explain how it works, let’s use the patient database in an hospital as an example.
When a new patient enters the hospital, he or she gets registered in the hospital’s patient database. The database automatically assigns a unique patient record reference code which is printed as a bar code sticker and is applied on the cover of the patient’s document file. After the patient leaves the hospital, the patient’s document file is scanned and exported with the CaptureBites Database Export Connector.
During export, the CaptureBites Database Connector performs following functions:
- All documents are exported to a file server of choice with configurable file naming rules
- It connects to the patient database through ODBC
- For each scanned patient document it retrieves the corresponding patient record in the database by means of the bar code label on the cover sheet
- It then updates the database with the correct references to the scanned documents on the file server
- If the patient is not yet present in the database it will automatically enter a new record in the database
This is the setup screen of the Database Export Connector:
- The first section defines the ODBC source to connect to your database. In this example we connect to a MySQL database. The trial download includes a small Access database to demonstrate this CaptureBite. Technically you can connect to any database for which you have an ODBC driver available.
- The second section defines which table you want to update in your database and which field you want to use to retrieve the matching data record. This lookup field should be unique for each record in the database.
- The “Fields” section defines the mapping between your database and Kofax Express index fields. If you don’t want Kofax Express to update a particular database field, just don’t map it with anything.
- The “Image File” section defines the location where all document images be exported to, the file type and naming convention. This CaptureBite supports all multi-page file types such as TIFF, PDF, PDF/A without or without searchable text and super compressed PDF.
The download installs a functional version of this CaptureBite. It also includes some demo images and a demo job to show the functionality. In demo mode it will stamp exported images with a demo stamp. You can switch the demo version to full production mode by entering an activation code.
- Secure File Transfer Export Connector
- Password Protected PDF
- DocuShare Export Connector
- Digital Imprinter
- Folded Forms Splitter
- Booklet Splitter
- Email Export Connector
- Database Export Connector
- KCIC Web Services Export Connector
- Dual Export Connector
- Alfresco Export Connector
- Custom CaptureBites
- ERP Document Export Connector for use with SAP R3