Frequently Asked Questions
Kofax Express supports six license levels and a wide range of scanners.
- Separate stations for indexing, verification, or export
- Custom modules
- Multiple document classes
- Distributed scanning
Kofax Capture is the perfect upgrade to Kofax Express when you need additional features and enhanced scalability.
Kofax Express is built by Kofax, the market leader in professional and production batch scanning.
With this application, Kofax has delivered on its commitment to a first-rate user experience supported by a user-friendly interface. Kofax Express features the full Microsoft Office 2007 user experience and SmoothViewTM technology, allowing the user to move and zoom pages easily and quickly. The unique visual representation of documents and pages cannot be found anywhere else.
Kofax VRS fully integrated into Kofax Express; all Kofax VRS features are available directly from the Kofax Express user interface. You can also use Kofax VRS correction settings to adjust the image quality after scanning. Not only are the Kofax VRS features brought to the application level, but important scanner features such as color drop out and multifeed settings are also available.
Kofax Express is also the only batch scanning application that supports the ability to run Kofax VRS on multi-core computers for maximum performance and rated speed scanning.
There are six license levels available to match the type of scanner you are using:
- Kofax Express Desktop: typically up to 25 ppm
- Kofax Express Workgroup: typically up to 50 ppm
- Kofax Express Production Low-Volume: approximately 80 ppm
- Kofax Express Production Mid-Volume: approximately 90 ppm
- Kofax Express Production High-Volume: approximately 100 ppm
- Kofax Express Production Super High-Volume: typically more than 120 ppm
- Koax Express Workstation – used für adding additional indexing, recognition or export stations
Please note that occasionally Kofax categorizes scanners differently than their manufacturers do (for example, the manufacturer's "Workgroup" scanner may be classified by Kofax as a Desktop scanner; or the manufacturer's "Production" scanner may be classified by Kofax as a Workgroup scanner).
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
The Kofax Express installer automatically detects the locale associated with your Windows operating system and installs the appropriate localized edition of the product. If the installer detects a locale that is not associated with the preceding list of supported languages, Kofax Express is installed in English.
To ensure that Kofax Express is installed in the language you desire, please verify that the system locale is properly defined for your Windows operating system.
In Kofax Express, you can use bar codes in index fields and also for document separation.
A 10-minute, narrated tutorial is also available to learn about the application. To view the tutorial, select the Help tab, go to the Help group, and click the Tutorial button. As another option, start your browser and go to http://www.kofax.com/express/tutorial.
Online Help is available by clicking F1 at any time while Kofax Express is running, by clicking the question mark button in the upper right corner of the interface, or by clicking the Help button on the Help tab.
If the Kofax Express literature and the current FAQs do not provide you with the information you need, please visit our Knowledgebase to search for the information.
What's new in Kofax Express?
- Over 100 Exports: Kofax Express now supports the over 100 exports of Kofax Capture and the Kofax Capture API. Kofax Express can now connect to over 100 enterprise content management, business process management, ERP, CRM, workflow, systems of record, archives and process engines. Kofax customers can also use the same custom export developed with the Kofax Export API with Kofax Capture or Kofax Express.
- Workstation Support: Kofax Express can now be extended and scaled with the addition of Kofax Express Workstations. Workstations can be used to add additional indexing, recognition or export stations to a solution. Workstations provide more flexibility to move indexing functions away from the scan station and to improve overall system throughput/performance.
- Zonal Extraction: Kofax Express automatically extracts index field data from documents. Users can train Kofax Express to locate the key index information in a document and Kofax Express will automatically remember that location and extract the data from future documents, which reduces the time it takes to process documents and makes indexing much easier for users.
- Rubber Band Extraction: Kofax Express users can now easily index documents by selecting the text in the document with their mouse. Kofax Express automatically populates the index field with the information highlighted by the user, saving keystrokes and making the indexing of documents faster and easier.
- Validation Scripting: Kofax Express supports VB.NET validation scripts to enforce business rules, lookup data from multiple sources, and validate entry by operators ensuring more accurate and process ready data is captured within Kofax Express and delivered to the back end system.
- Watched Folder: Kofax Express automatically processes images (TIFF, BMP, JPEG and PDF) uploaded to a watched folder as if they were delivered from a scanner. This feature enables Kofax Express to process images from sources such as MFPs, faxes and saved images, giving you a single interface to your back end repository for all images from all sources.
- Searchable PDF: The Searchable PDF feature includes live text with PDF images, enabling users to easily and accurately search for information in PDF documents.
- Compression: Compression captures crisp, clear color images while delivering the small file size of black and white images, allowing quicker downstream processing and improved process efficiency.
- Background Export: Background Export goes hand in hand with Searchable PDF and Super Compression. By processing these file types in the background, the scan operator can continue to scan productively in the foreground. Background export is also useful for large standard PDF or TIFF exports.
- Database Lookup: With the Database Lookup feature, the value entered in one index field triggers a database search to fill the other fields automatically, accelerating the indexing task while delivering greater accuracy.
Maintenance & Support
You cannot get support from Kofax Technical Support if you haven't purchased a valid license. If you require assistance during the evaluation period, please contact your Kofax sales manager or sales engineer, or send an email to email@example.com.